Monday, November 22, 2010

Shop For Your Facebook Friends On Etsy

Etsy has an amazing new way to shop! Now, under 'ways to shop' on the front page, there is an option for 'gift ideas.' The next screen prompts you to choose Facebook friends and then Etsy chooses items based on their likes.


I took this new feature for a test drive. My first choice of who to shop for was my cousin. Etsy made some really interesting choices based on her likes and it really did help me narrow down some gift choices. As an added bonus, I learned she likes Alice Cooper! Who knew?

This new tool is only live so far for a small percentage of users, but should be rolled out for everyone very soon.

10 comments:

BeyondStitches said...

Oh Wow! I didn't know that! That's awesome! I have to try it. BTW, you have a very nice blog!

CalliopeCreations said...

Looks like fun. I plan to get on Facebook early 2011. No time now.

Annie Dee said...

that's a really neat feature that I found today cruising around. it's awesome :)

Unknown said...

Your blog is so cute I had to follow you! Found you on bipolar girl's blog hop. I wish you the best for your etsy shop, i'm a newbie,lol.

Jacqui said...

Hi! I'm your newest follower from a Wed Blog Hop! I'd love it if you would follow back at one or all four of my blogs :)

www.singleparentretreat.com
http://singlemamachallenges.blogspot.com/
http://motherdaughterconnection.blogspot.com/
http://jmconsultingservices.blogspot.com/

Thank you! Have a great rest of the week!

Design It Chic said...

Hi Lori! You have such a sweet Etsy shop! We love and support Etsy sellers too, and we're glad we found you. We're currently running a super awesome campaign to help promote Etsy sellers and their blogs, so if you're interested, stop by our Show Yo' Flow Campaign today to see what's all about! See you there! Happy Thursday!

Unknown said...

Hmmm That super cool ! like your blog ! Love your Etsy too !
Come follow me back when you can and say hi !
XO

Giveaways for Mom said...

Following from Boost my Blog Friday :)

http://www.giveawaysformom.com

Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews said...

Neat idea!

I just found your blog through the Weekend Blog Hop! Have a great weekend.

Amanda @ www.nutritionistreviews.com

Beauty Boss Agnes said...

Isnt technology wonderful?

 
Template by suckmylolly.com