Saturday, October 9, 2010

Who's Talking About You?

Want to know who is talking about you on the web? Has anyone twittered about you? Or maybe featured you on a blog?  I have found two social media search tools to help you know just that.


Both Whos Talkin' and Social Mention allow you to enter your name or your company name in a search box, hit ENTER, and voila - a list of all the places you have been mentioned on social media sites around the web.


Social Mention also hits you with a lot more information. For instance, it will tell you whether these 'mentions' are positive, negative, or neutral. It also gives you a list of the top keywords used in the mentions, and lets you know what the sources are. And if you just have to know the instant you are mentioned, you can sign up for real time alerts. And if you know right now, does that make you vain or a master of marketing? Just wondering.

Both sites also have a plugin  that allows you to type your search request into your browser's search bar, eliminating the need to even visit their sites.

And it goes without saying, although I'm saying it anyway, you can search any person, name, topic, etc and find out where they are popping up across the blogosphere. So, I know who's talking about you, now it is your turn to find out:

http://www.whostalkin.com/

http://socialmention.com/

11 comments:

Meeling said...

Very interesting...I'll have to check it out!

Unknown said...

Very interesting. I checked out Social Mention and it shows a lot of activity. I'll have to check out the other site you mention.

Annette said...

I keep forgetting these are out there...or maybe I just don't want to know who's talking about me!!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog today! :)

CRSisters said...

Hi there --- thanks for the comment on our blog. We are followers of you too now. Stop by and visit us again.

CRSisters

Emme Toaye said...

aka gothb4play...I have used the "searching" site before and don't have many searching for me. Maybe I need to do something really crazy! Love your blog!

Emme Toaye said...

also, aka as mystic2awesome, I have two shops at etsy and saw your thread at the forum today! :D

Katrinshine said...

Thank you! Very interesting!

Bethany Dirksen said...

Hi Lori, I just found your blog for the first time and thought I would say hello. I have seen many etsy bloggers in my short year of being on etsy myself, and I'm glad to see that you are actually putting out useful and interesting content! Wouldn't you agree that so many people just have uninteresting blogs? Anyway....I really can't wait to try out those social media trackers. They seem really helpful. Thanks!

Bethany
www.dirksendabbles.com

April said...

I've been checking Social Mention for a while, but Whos Talking is new to me... thanks ♥

Nicole: said...

Oh wow, I never even knew these existed. Thank you for bringing them into light! XOXO

The LadyBugs Garden said...

Hi this great new for all of us newbeeies. I have a shop also and blog started up.

htt://theladybugsgarden.etsy.com/

 
Template by suckmylolly.com