- Working directly with the artisan or business that creates the things you buy is an amazing experience. You'll find that customer service, quality, and craftsmanship all go up without breaking the bank. Having even a small connection with the people that make the things you buy is a truly amazing experience!
- Supporting small business and artisans directly is a great way for you to put your hard earned cash directly into the hands of the people that make a difference every day. Instead of paying 3 levels of middle-men, support an artist directly to show them that you appreciate the work they do and value the contribution they make to the world.
- Handmade and one of a kind gifts are sure to please. When you gift someone a handmade item, you're telling them that they deserve high quality one of a kind pieces because they are one of a kind, too! A handmade gift comes with all of the love, attention, and craftsmanship that the artisan put into it alongside the beauty of the product.
- Buying handmade will expose you to products and ideas that you may never see in big box or chain stores. Instead of letting other people select what you see, go handmade and search out the unique and amazing items you love best for yourself!
- Supporting handmade tells the world that you believe each person has a talent, a gift, and passion - and that you support them sharing it. When we go handmade, we make sure that artisans get to be the best they can be!
Tuesday, October 2, 2012
The holiday season is coming up fast, and many people are getting a jump start on holiday and 'just for fun' gifts for the people in their lives. Before the lines get too long, I wanted to share a few ideas with you about why supporting artisans, small businesses, and handmade products is such a great choice for you, the person you're buying for, your community, and the world!
Here are my top 5 reasons for choosing to buy handmade and support small business this year and every year...
This year, check out handmade alternatives or one of a kind options for the gifts you buy. You'll be thrilled at what you'll find!
Check out my handmade jewelry at: www.charmeddesign.com.